It’s the holiday season. How are you feeling? We’re in the thick of it now: cookies and parties and stress – oh my! Let me add one more thing to your plate (no pun intended). You just have to trust me when I tell you it’s worth it. And you’ll get a jump on any New Year’s resolutions you may have in mind.
Take Five (or more)
Give yourself a period of time every day to do something just for your well-being. It could be:
- Five minutes of sitting quietly and breathing
- Ten minutes to eat your lunch mindfully, savoring each bite
- Twenty minutes of walking
- Whatever time it takes to get off the couch during each commercial break to do sit-ups & push-ups
- Thirty minutes to make a big pot of vegetable soup
Focus solely on how the activity nourishes you and makes you feel well.
So many of us make New Year’s resolutions to lose weight, quit smoking, hit the gym, etc. My recommendation is to start caring for yourself now, today. Don’t wait. You deserve to feel as good as possible, and there’s no time like the present to give yourself this present.